Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

I decided that my Custom home portraits are one of my best sellers, especially during the holidays...so naturally I wanted to start taking a percentage of those sales and donate them to Habitat for Humanity.

20% of all custom home portraits will go to Habitat for Humanity. Homes are more than just wood and brick and nails...it's a place for someone to feel safe and protected.

These custom house pieces make the perfect gift for anyone...especially if you want to make them cry or squeal with delight when they open your present. These stylized house paintings are a part of my series titled "Home". I started this series because to me. a house becomes a living breathing being with it’s own unique untold story of families past. These memories are a fingerprint on each house, which makes them not quite haunted but each with it’s own ghosts.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a great idea!!

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

It's nice to share. And such an appropriate choice for your house paintings. Love this house painting...so many unique details that make it interesting to look at.