Monday, January 26, 2009

New projects in the works

Sunday I dedicated to painting...but like many creatives, I don't always feel the creative vibe right away...so I spent the first 6 hours of the day doing everything BUT painting. Some of it was productive...like scanning in a new picture for the Chubby series and blowing it up large so I can see the details....other things were not so productive. Like watching mens figure skating on TV....I hate figure skating, let alone MENS figure skating. I guess I just don't get it.

Either way, at about 5 pm, I got into the groove...I finished a Three Trees, got 2 others to the point of almost completion, worked on adjusting a custom home painting, and started a new Chubby painting. The new Chubby painting. It's of a fisherman/guy ona  boat with a pipe in his mouth. He actually kind of looks a little bit like Bruce Willis. I think I am going to treat the water graphically, like I did in The Fisherman, or like the sky in I WIll Prevail for You. 

I also covered a couple canvases in order to do a new kind of Three Trees. I am going to use the vintage train ledger paper AS the trees and not just a background. I am also really excited because i just ordered vintage german bible pages and old spanish dictionary pages! 

I have a bunch of pictures of all the progress, but will upload them later!

No comments: