Thursday, March 19, 2009

Inspiration in interesting places


I am IN LOVE with these tables. This guy takes old rusty car hoods and welds them into art and furniture. You can not get this working with brand new materials...the beauty of being green and resourceful! You can find more of his work at WeldHouse. Truly inspirational.

This is making me want to take another welding class. I took one at Roger Williams when I went to college there and I loved it. In fact, in Rhode Island there's a place called The Steel Yard that I've been eyeing for classes. There's just something about using a torch instead of paintbrush that is so fun!

2 comments:

Spiderbite said...

That's pretty nifty. I had a notebook who's cover was made out of an old rusty motorcycle. It was hella cool.

:\ I wish I could remember the company. I lost it.

Anonymous said...

I'm going home next week and some friends and I have been looking for welding projects - going to steal this idea. I'll send you pictures.