Monday, August 31, 2009

Mini Mason Jar

OK OK OK...I know this is the THIRD Mason Jar painting I have going at once...but hey, it's only 2.5 inches by 2.5 inches. I had a bunch of paint mixed up from the second session of the 12 by 12 mason jar I'm working on, so I just did a quick tiny painting of the same scene at this size before the mixed paint dried up. It's cute!!

I do have another session complete on the 12 by 12 mason jar, however I did not take a photo of it yet. The proportions are working out better and curves/lines have been adjusted. Many times, with the still life's, I just draw straight on the canvas...which can be a pain in the arse because curves, circles, and other not-straight lines have a tendency to not look right if they're not perfect.

Here is the little mini painting :)


2 comments:

robfab said...

I think the shadow is competing with the mason jar for attention... maybe?

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Lovely job on the jars here Julie!!! You are completely nailing the glass wow!!

Jeffrey