Thursday, August 06, 2009

wowie zowie

I've been on a pretty good painting roll these days. I am still more distracted than I'd like to be while I paint...mostly due to the addictive qualities of the endless internet (i even have a bookmarks folder called "fun" in which every hilarious random site I've come across is found)...but at least I'm painting.

This week I've been trying to get more Three Trees done, and in the process i am changing the way i do them. I have been experimenting more with colors and layers (which was the original intent of the series...a playground for color and composition). I like pushing myself to get to new places...but a lot of those experience happen unintentionally...so I can NEVER recreate them no matter how hard I try (other painters I'm sure know this very well.)

Here is an example... I started using a radically different base color and layered it with a light blue-grey wash. My vintage train ledger paper paired nicely with the earthy tones...especially the greenish one.



I have a lot of events coming up this fall/early winter so I am trying to get ahead of the game in getting inventory ready. I think this is a good start!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wowowowow i love the trees!!!