Sunday, May 09, 2010

Twist

The Twist show was a blazing success. Me and Melissa from Pressbound (who I met on Twitter) drove up to Northampton where we met up with Kristin Crane, HeatherJeany, and Devianna from DAMetals. From there was proceeded to set up our tables and got ready for the onslaught of customers.

Twist is probably one of the most fun shows I've ever done. You are fed, given free drinks, limited to a 6 foot table for products and it is insanely well organized. It is also my second most successful (financially) show of all time, so that's always a good reason to return.

A moment that really solidified my continued participation is when a couple people actually said to me "Oh I was hoping you'd be here again!" It really makes all the hard work worthwhile... to see these paintings make their way into people homes and lives and then the work sticks in their brains. The connections I make with my customers is obviously a personal highlight for me in the business of art.

Thank you to all that came out and kept me smiling the whole time. I'm looking forward to the fall Twist show of this year!



1 comment:

woolies said...

Looks like fun - always frustrated at the lack of regular GOOD fairs where I live!