Friday, October 22, 2010

Took long enough...

I finally found the time to list the remaining paintings in my Etsy Shop. I think everything is up there!

While I love the organic traffic Etsy gives me, there is something so tedious about listing. I think it would be different if I sold a quantity of each product, but since each of my listings is an original painting... there's really no way to avoid taking multiple shots of each painting and coming up with a description, 14 keywords, and price/shipping for each one. No matter how small the painting is.

This is also the case with any other website I sell my artwork on. My next blog in the series of "Things Ive learned About Selling Art Online" will be about the differences between a couple of the venues I've tried out (Etsy, Big Cartel, Ebay, etc). I've always been amazed at the number of people who will buy art online, without seeing it in person. However, that's why those descriptions and pictures are so important... as is this blog... so people see what goes into each painting.

No comments: