Tuesday, July 31, 2007



I borrowed an old school gun from a friend of mine. I thought it would be a great thing to use in a painting... Kind of insprired by the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King (much like the train painting I just completed). Roland is the main character...a gunslinger from the days before the world moved on. He's the classic "Clint Eastwood" type of character...with a trigger finger more accurate than you can imagine. This is what his gun looked like in my head...although I don't think this is a sandalwood handle.

I took a picture of the gun on my kitchen table...which has a vintage wood table type of feel. OK so it's from Pier 1 but it has the look I wanted.

This was the first session...although I should have taken a picture of just the pencil drawing on the canvas.

No comments: