Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Painting in Progress: Drunk on the Train to Chicago

Yesterday I had an unexpected amount of motivation to paint. I sat down just intending to rework some highlights and I ended up finishing the major content of the painting. I still am going to paint a solid white border around the painted area and put a small drop shadow beneath that, as usual.

Here is the progress thus far to date:







I don't think I'll be getting this canvas again. (linen canvas with clear gesso) I was not happy with the way the tape held onto the canvas. It created the little smudgies that now I have to cover up. I inteded to use a solid white border anyways, but now it forces me to use thicker paint that i would have liked to create the white border. Thicker paint means less likelyhood that it will seep under the tape like this:

No comments: