Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Painting in Progress: the finger


I picked up this painting after not touching it for like 6 months. Big paintings have a tendancy to sit in the corner while I ignore them. I'm not sure why but I got a hankering... and you can never ignore a hankering for fear it may disappear and never return.

I am actually quite pleased with the treatment of the background. The sky could use some work but I was really worried about the landscape area... it was so fuzzy and generic and with a lot of pattern/texture, I was afraid I couldn't pull it off. It only took like 6 hours, but it's looking pretty convincing, if you ask me.



also, The Finger is not actually going to be the title but I have to go through some Mike Doughty lyrics to find a title that really clicks with this.


No comments: