Monday, February 07, 2011

Portrait class pays off

I struggled with this dude's face. If you recall from a previous post, the original photo I was using had little-to-no visual info for the dude's face.

This past week I started taking the portrait class (tuesdays from 6 to 9) that Joseph is teaching at the Boston Academy for Realist Art. This class is in addition to the others I am taking. Well, I am super happy that I did because the info from that first class helped me to put in something I don't physically see. That has been one of my biggest problems... if it's not right in front of me, I can't paint it confidently or with any accuracy.




Now I just have to figure out what to do with the outer area. I am actually considering having this painting framed once it's done.

No comments: